Welcome to Episode 43 of BCI Cattle Chat! Please click on the links below to be taken to any sources mentioned in the podcast. Keep an eye out for news about our exciting upcoming guests on both Twitter and Facebook.
2:16 – How Big of a Concern is Mud?
6:58 – Sandhills Calving System
12:45 – Top 5 Tips for Managing and Preventing Calf Scours
- Identify sick calves as soon as possible
- Make sure that cows calve in adequate body condition
- Make sure that cows don’t congregate in one area of the pasture
- Separate older calves from younger calves
- Make every week like the first week of the calving season for as many cows as possible
For a more detailed report of these tips, please click here.
14:16 – When Should I Castrate Bull Calves?
17:40 – Interview with Patti Dollarhide – Beef Up Your Kansas Day Event
23:15 – BCI Beef Tip – Take Mud Seriously
For more on BCI Cattle Chat, follow us on Twitter @The_BCI, and check out our new website, ksubci.org. If you have any comments/questions/topic ideas, please send them to email@example.com. Don’t forget if you enjoy the show, please go give us a rating in iTunes or Google Play.