Welcome to Episode 38 of BCI Cattle Chat! Please click on the links below to be taken to any sources mentioned in the podcast. Keep an eye out for news about our exciting upcoming guests on both Twitter and Facebook.
3:22 – VTPRK Alumni Meeting (Veterinary Training Program for Rural Kansas)
8:20 – Plastic Disease is a Concern
10:35- BCI CattleChat Checklist – Top 7 Records You Should Keep on a Cow-Calf Operation
- The Number of Calves that Died Between Birth And Weaning
- The Length of the Breeding Season
- Pregnancy Rate
- What Percentage of Calves are born in the first 21 Days
- What are the Feed Expenses Per Cow Exposed
- How many Calves Did I wean Per Cow Exposed
- Number of Pounds Weaned Per Cow Exposed
13:30 – When to Call a Veterinarian During Calving
21:30 – Agriculture Stories in the News
For more on BCI Cattle Chat, follow us on Twitter @The_BCI, and check out our new website, ksubci.org. If you have any comments/questions/topic ideas, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget if you enjoy the show, please go give us a rating in iTunes or Google Play.